Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Blogger was down last night when I tried to post this.

Uh, can you tell he picked out his own clothes this morning?

All I wanted was one more shot with his eyes open; instead I got a bonus shot with his eyes open and a finger up his nose.

On a completely different note: Andrew and I were running on Monday (I was running, he was riding) and were about 2.5 miles into our 11 mile run and I either pulled a muscle or had a really bad muscle cramp. I could barely walk, my calf was hurting so badly. We were still about a mile from the car and I had to limp all the way there.

We got back to the car and I took my headphones off, put them in the car, and returned to the stroller. Andrew asked me if my knee hurt; it had been for several weeks, but the pain recently abated. I told him that it wasn't my knee, but my calf this time. He looked at me with a great deal of compassion and held up his hand. Inside was one golden raisin from the bag a dried fruit I had given him before we left. He said to me, "Here, daddy. This is all I have to make your leg feel all better." I almost broke down and cried right there, he was so cute and empathetic.

(c) 2007 Scott Everett

No comments:

Post a Comment