Tuesday, August 19, 2008

No pics today.

But I do have to share this amusing tale.

Last Tuesday I had a dentist appointment so we put the kids in school for the day. My appointment wasn't until later in the morning so I dropped them off and let Liz ease into her morning.

At some point after Liz left, I told Andrew to play with his toys, put Matthew in his bouncy-seat in the doorway, and jumped in the shower. Everything was going really well until, just as I was toweling off, I heard a *thud* followed by about ½ second of silence and then crying. Obviously Andrew had done something. I called him into the bathroom and asked him what happened. He told me that he had bonked his head on the doorjam in between the dinning room and the hallway into the bedrooms. I held him, soothed him, and sent him on his way.

As I was getting dressed, Andrew was playing in our bedroom and out of the corner of my eye I saw him almost walk right into the corner of my dresser. When I turned to see exactly what happened, I found him trying to navigate the bedroom with a large paper gift bag on his head. I grabbed the bag off his head and asked him if that was how he bonked his head the first time.

"Uh-huh," he said and sprinted off down the hall.

Such strange creatures, you wonder how they ever survive.

(c) 2008 Scott Everett

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:23 AM

    all i have to say is "like father like son"

    ReplyDelete