Saturday, February 28, 2009

I was excited for this day

We told Andrew that we were going to the top of the mountain on Thursday. I was excited since they could then get out and play in the snow some more and I'd be able to shoot some landscapes while they were at it.

The fates had other plans. Matthew screamed the entire way up the mountain. I don't know if his ears bothered him or what. He screamed the entire time we were on top of the mountain. At one point, Liz got out of the car while I was shooting and told me that the younger son was losing it and the older son had to pee immediately. She pulled Andrew out of the car and I came back to help him.

Common sense would dictate that when it is cold outside and you have to pee, you'd expose as little of your skin as possible. Not in the mind of a four-year-old. Here it is, about 20 degrees outside and he's standing there with his pants down to his ankles, peeing in the snow. "It's kind of like a sprinkler!" he chirps.

After all of that, I got back in the car. My total shooting time: 6 minutes. Current total editing time on these four shots: 25 minutes.





(c) 2009 Scott Everett

No comments:

Post a Comment