Wednesday, July 13, 2011

What a long trip

Last week we met the Cherrys in Nashville, TN and hung out for a while.  I didn't get any photos during the stay, even thought we went to the Children's Museum, the Gaylord Hotel Gardens, and downtown Nashville.  I'm kicking myself now.

We stopped in at The Hermitage, Andrew Jackson's home on our way back.  Andrew loved learning about President Jackson through the audio tour, narrated by his parrot Poli.  Matthew latched onto the fact that he is dead, even though he confused the former president's name with his brother and his best friend's names.  He kept saying that "Jackson and Andrew are dead."

Even though we were there at the worst possible time for photography, I decided to see what I could do anyway.




Andrew "posing" for a photo:

A guy offered to take this photo for us.  It took me a few moments to actually extricate myself from my camera and teach him how to use it.  It's a good thing it was a simple frame, he looked a bit confused.



© 2011 Scott Everett

No comments:

Post a Comment