Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Three favorite things about today - camping edition

We went camping at Fort Parker State Park for the last two nights.  Here are the boys tops three things about each day in no particular order.

Matthew
Day 1 - the tent, sharing chips with Miss Anna (giving her one at a time), playing
Day 2 - hiking, canoeing, wearing a life jacket
Day 3 - hiking, floating leaf boats in the spring ("the one bubbling up from the ground, not one you bounce on"), blowing bubbles
runners up - having Miss Anna read to him, confetti eggs, s'mores, learing about Orion and the big dipper and checking to see if Orion had caught the big dipper yet

Andrew
Day 1 - having Nathan Freeto there, s'mores, seeing stars/constellations
Day 2 - canoeing, hiking, kicking the soccer ball with Dadda
Day 3 - hiking with Cooper, eating 4 sausage wheels for breakfast, playing in the spring
runners up - riding his scooter, having a pocket knife, confetti eggs

Andrew asked why I was writing these down and then wanted to know why I didn't write my favorite things down too.  Scott said because Moms and Dads remember these things, but in case I don't here is my list.
Day 1 - the sunset, campfires, sharing my limited knowledge about the stars with Matthew
Day 2 - waking up in a tent to the sounds of birds and the whispers of my kids, the slower pace of a day without electronics, having my baby want to hold my hand as we hike - it won't last much longer
Day 3 - remembering that the most important things in my life are all snoring beside me in one tent, beautiful weather for hiking, the joy bubbles bring regardless of age
runners up - friends to camp with, staying warm enough, camp food
© 2012 Scott Everett

1 comment: