Friday, October 22, 2004

Every day's an adventure

Who knew that watching someone grow up could be so much fun? OK, a bunch of you knew, but I didn't believe it until now. I was talking to my parents on the phone last weekend and told them that I found something that could render all religion obsolete; something that answers that oft-repeated, cliched philosophical query, "Why are we here?" -- infant smiles. I need to amend that today. I think the answer is actually infant giggles. Drew and I were playing on the couch this evening after a not-so-great day at work and he started giggling every time I lifted his head and shoulders. The rest of the world outside the sofa just melted, leaving the two of us, laughing and talking, alone in our own universe. Being a dork is so much fun!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:02 AM

    Skot. The "pull my finger' schtick is so old. Glad to see you're passing it on to a new generation.

    ==be

    ReplyDelete