Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Some kids have imaginary friends.

Mine has an imaginary truck.

I have no idea where this came from. Andrew has been doing this for months now. Whenever we mention something about a car, he starts to chat on and on about his truck. When Liz's car was in the shop for an oil change and we all squeezed into my car; "My truck is big." When he points out a car that is roughly the same color as one of ours; "My truck is red." (Always red, too.)

A truck like this can't be stored in any normal manner. Oh no, a garage isn't good enough for a big, red truck. He parks his truck in its own "truck house." This place is amazing. It has anything you could ever want. When he asked for a specific piece of candy which we didn't have; "My truck house has candy." When we were outside playing with the dog and heard a cat; "I have a cat at my truck house. A cat and a dog and fish and a squirrel and birds (anything that happened to flit through his field of view.

Why a truck? I hate trucks. We'll never own a truck. Please don't bring up the Well-you-do-live-in-Texas thing.

At least he's exploring his creativity, I guess.
(c) 2008 Scott Everett

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:38 AM

    well... i hate to break it to you, but you do in fact live in texas. :-)

    but maybe it's from the movie cars. yea that's it, cars....

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't forget his truck house also has peanuts that he can eat. -liz

    ReplyDelete