Friday, January 07, 2005

Five months and counting

Well, we knew it was going to be an adventure, but we really had no clue. I can't believe that its been five months since Andrew was born. Sometimes it seems like yesterday and I'm not ready for him to be getting so big yet. Other times I can't remember what life was like before he got here. Its like thirty years of my life are gone and I've always been someone's mom. Its also amazing how having a child in your life makes you more aware of you every action. I know he's still super young, but soon he'll be emulating everything we do. This living by example thing is really tough. skot and I finally joined a church, instead fo being perpetual visitors. I'm trying to take better care of myself. We even have at least one night a week when we don't turn on the TV. All because I want to be the best role model I can. Hey, I figure it won't be too long before Andrew figures out that his mom is a total dork. I need to be an influence while I can.

Developmentally, Drew's still doing great. He's getting better and better at sitting. Seems happier spending more and more time on his belly. He still gets frustrated when his first attempt at rolling over doesn't work, but we're working on that. The pacifier makes it to his mouth about ninety percent of the time he tries by himself. He still lights up whenever the dog walks by. Best of all, he's getting more and more ticklish. There's nothing better than baby giggles.

Well, the power nap will be ending soon
Until next time ...

liz

No comments:

Post a Comment