Monday, January 31, 2005

Sleep? Who? Me?

I never thought that I'd pine for the halcyon days of six months ago, but lately I have. All those pictures of Drew sleeping that are stacked up at the beginning of this blog are but a vivid memory to me these days.

Actually, we've only had trouble these last two nights. You see, Drew had a cold earlier this week, if you hadn't noticed. Since then, he must have deduced that sleep is what makes him ill. He acts just fine from between dinner and the time we get him to bed (1900-2030 or so). After he sleeps for about an hour, he seems to decided that he's done and will not go back to sleep, even though he's completely exhausted.

Tonight, for example, we put him to bed at about 2015 and he fell asleep immediately. As soon as I got off the phone with my parents, he woke up (about 2130). We didn't convince him to go back to sleep until well after 2300. Ugh, that gets wearying after a while. Hopefully it won't last long. I'd hate to have to resort to vast quantities of bourbon at this early stage, I've only had to be a dad for six months!

skot

No comments:

Post a Comment