Monday, December 08, 2008

Ergh!

OK, so Matthew's down for a nap right now and I was peeking in to see how he was doing (and to grab a glance at a sleeping infant) when I saw a flash out of the corner of my eye. I turned my head just in time to see a short person run into my bathroom.

Now, Andrew never uses our bathroom. Even at the Cherrys' house over Thanksgiving he'd run all the way upstairs to use "his" bathroom. A very unusual sight that was.

I wasn't sure what he was doing, but how much trouble could get into? I waited for him to come out. And waited. And waited. He never emerged.

So I slowly opened the door, prepared to scare him when I found quite a bit of resistance to the door. As I pushed harder, I realized that he was pushing back on the door. Now I'm curious. I push the door all the way open and he shrinks back to the other side of the bathroom, mouth slammed shut.

He had closed himself in my bathroom to hide the candy he was eating. I made him spit it out and he said he was very hungry. If he had eaten his breakfast, maybe he wouldn't have to resort to candy incognito.

I just gave him lunch. He'd better eat it.

skot
(c) 2008 Scott Everett

2 comments:

  1. i just laughed out loud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:55 PM

    Hmmmm....
    I seem to remember someone else doing something similar about 3 decades ago! Now, who could it be? Hmmmm?
    ==BE

    ReplyDelete